Confident style: How to express your true inner beauty

(ARA) – Your appearance – from what you wear, to how you style your hair, to how you carry yourself – sends a message to the outside world. When you exude confident style, that message stays consistent across all of your style “personalities,” going from your work attire to your casual outfits to your most glammed-up evening wear.

When making style changes, many women make the mistake of thinking that they have to change everything and are tempted to try all of the most recent trends. That can be a recipe for fashion frustration. Giving your style a refreshed attitude can be much simpler than you’d expect. Keeping your innate style in mind, you can change up your wardrobe by simply adding small new elements. Even tiny changes can make a difference, while still letting you express who you are. Here are some more tips that can help you update your look:

* Face forward: Most women know that buying a new lipstick is a small indulgence that can make you feel great. But it’s more than just the action of buying that provides a boost – something as simple as a new lip color can change the way you look at yourself, and give you a fresh new perspective.

With increased attention being paid to living a more natural lifestyle, mineral makeup is becoming increasingly popular. The M Vie line from online retailer Midnight Velvet (www.midnightvelvet.com) is a full range of mineral makeup that suits a wide variety of complexions. The site also has instructional videos from style and beauty expert Maureen Burke and a blog about the latest beauty trends.

* A beautiful foundation: The most important parts of the great buildings of the world are the interior structures that keep them standing. So, if your body is a temple, make sure it has a good foundation. Having the right intimates, from bras to camisoles and body shapers, can help your clothes fit better and lay more elegantly on your figure.

* Feel scent-sational: Scent is highly tied to memory, but while certain fragrances might remind you of your loved ones, you also want to have a scent of your own that people will remember you by. To make a statement that’s uniquely “you,” seek out your own signature scents.

Keep in mind that not all fragrances work for all occasions. Seasons can play a big role: lighter, fresher scents feel breezy in the summer, but richer, bolder scents evoke warmth in the cold of winter. Test out a number of perfumes – many people often find their favorites in unexpected packages. Online retailers like Midnight Velvet offer great prices on classic and designer fragrances, making it easier to purchase your favorites.

* Be yourself: Even when your closet needs updating, you should be true to yourself. Clothes are a form of self-expression. Wear what makes you feel confident and expresses your personality. Women’s accessories often say a lot about who they are, from the nostalgia of a hat to the sophistication of adding a draped scarf, and they are one of the simplest ways to breathe new life into your wardrobe. Even small investments in accessories can have a big impact on your style.

It’s true that you can’t go just anywhere to find the clothes that combine a modern sensibility with a unique twist of personality. It’s worth the effort to find a place to shop that carries exactly what you’re looking for. For example, Midnight Velvet has its designs specially created to cater to the tastes of its customers. The site also offers a safe and secure credit plan and personalized service that helps you get exactly what you want.

When you’re wearing beautiful clothes and all the right accessories, it’s easy to feel confident. But when your personal style and inner beauty show through, you’ll stand out no matter what you’re wearing.