You have to see it, to believe it

The nail biting horror film “Paranormal Activity 3” was released

on Friday, October 21. With a cast of unknown actors, the horror

prequel focuses on the two sisters, Katie and Kristi, who were seen

as adults in the previous films.

The nail biting horror film “Paranormal Activity 3” was released on Friday, October 21. With a cast of unknown actors, the horror prequel focuses on the two sisters, Katie and Kristi, who were seen as adults in the previous films.

The girls shared a home with their mother and her boyfriend. However, what seemed to be an innocent relationship between a little girl and her imaginary friend turns out to be a demonic presence. Kristie, the six-year-old child with an eerie imagination, claims that the demonic presence is real and the cause of all the mysterious activity around the house.

The boyfriend, curious to know the cause of this mischievous activity, sets up cameras around the house to document what is happening. The suspense builds up when the surveillance videotapes capture inexplicable changes that were happening. The changes were so strange that they decided to stay with the grandmother, who plays a suspicious role in the film. But the activity gets worse as the story unfolds into a shocking ending that raises eyebrows.

The prequel was by far one of the most interesting horror films this year. This film deserves a B+ for the efforts of creating the illusion that these were true events. In comparison to the previous films, Paranormal Activity 3 helps clear up lingering questions like why the adult Katie was tormented by the demonic presences and eventually possessed, and what happened to her and her sister (Kristi) as children that Katie does not want to remember.

This filmed gave clarity to the audience by revealing the sisters’ past. However, the ending does not explain why the sisters seem to have amnesia after these tragic events happened to them. Needless to say, the film offers laughs and more character development than the previous films. The directors, Henry

Joost and Ariel Schulman did a great job in keeping the audience scared and clinging their seats.

This horror film is the “go see” movie for this year. Paranormal Activity 3 manages to deliver scares and entertainment.

[email protected] and follow The Register on Twitter @ATRegister

• Alexis White, Contributor