Comedy show sells out

The “LMAO

Comedy Tour,” headlined by Aries Spears came to Corbett Sports

Center for homecoming.

The “LMAO Comedy Tour,” headlined by Aries Spears came to Corbett Sports Center for homecoming.

The comedy show was the second homecoming event to take place in Corbett following the MaryMary concert.

And just like the concert, the comedy show was sold out.

But unlike some of the other homecoming events, the comedy show was on schedule.

“I’m surprised that it actually started on time,” said Christian Ford, engineering major from Chester, Va. “I was expecting at least an hour delay,” Ford continued jokingly.

Along with Spears, Lil Duval and Gary Owens came to A&T to give the crowd some laughs.

All three comedians covered everything from and kept the crowd entertained the entire night.

Owens opened the show by joking about his family, having biracial children, his college experiences, and he

even called out junior class president Brittni Browne and made jokes about her.

Lil Duval was the second act in the show and later on Spears did his famous celebrity impersonations of Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J, and Denzel Washington, and other famous voices in Hollywood.

He also went on to joke about some of the audience members, such as people who were walking around and even some couples that stood out in the audience.

“My first time at A&T was pretty good,” Spears said. “The crowd was very energetic. I really enjoyed it.”

Local comedian Demar “Osama Bin Drankin” Rankin hosted the show and kept the crowd laughing with jokes of

own while DJ Red October worked the turntables.

The bleachers and floor seats were almost filled to capacity as alumni, faculty, and students from Bennett College,

Winston-Salem State, and UNCG came to watch the comedians.

“I liked Gary Owens,” said Tyran Turman, a sophomore industrial engineering major from Atlanta. “I thought he was defi nitely the funniest. Aries Spears was pretty funny too, but I think last year’s show was better.”

“We chose Lil Duval because of his success … and originally we actually wanted to invite Kevin Hart again but due to scheduling conflicts it was impossible,” said Chris Wade, vice president of external affairs, as he explained why the Student Government Association decided to bring Spears to A&T for homecoming.

After the show, Owens tweeted, “N.C. A&T tonight was unreal I must say this is truly #GHOE.”

[email protected] and follow her on Twitter @Kay-Rob

• Karmen Robinson, Sports Editor