SUAB brings heaven to earth for coronation

“Heaven on Earth” served as the theme for this year’s for the Mr. and Miss SUAB Coronation, held in Stallings Ballroom. Clouds hung from the ceiling, lit candles served as table centerpieces, smooth R&B music played in the background, and Verge Modeling Troupe posed as angels.

Every year SUAB hosts several on campus events to bring fellow aggies together. Unlike Aggie Fest or the Aggie Pep Rally, the SUAB coronation brought a more graceful feel to campus. The semi-formal event honored Mr. and Miss SUAB as well as the SUAB executive board.

“We began preparing for the coronation during the summer. This is a traditional event that allows students to be creative and address their peers,” explained Nicole Florence, SUAB advisor.

The décor of the ballroom proved SUAB put a lot of hard work into making sure their coronation was well executed. Dining tables were set elegantly throughout the ballroom, dinner and dessert was served to all those in attendance.

Miss SUAB, Shanea Phillips, also worked very hard to make this night memorable. “Putting this event together was a little stressful but I am very happy with the outcome.

As Miss SUAB my job is to put my all into whatever it is I am doing,” said Phillips.

Phillips has been working very hard this year with on campus events as well as reaching out to the community through service projects like the Backpack Drive held at the beginning of the semester.

Raquan Cotton, Mr. SUAB, plans to also make a difference in the community by hosting community service events as well as providing students with more case hour opportunities.

–Email us [email protected] and follow us on Twitter: @ATRegister

• Kamil Lockley, Contributor