Foxx thrills in ‘Law-Abiding’

Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx teams up with the King Leonidas himself, Gerard Butler for the American Legal System thriller, “Law Abiding Citizen.” This film starts off with a home invasion robbery that turns into a deadly homicide.

Clyde Shelton (Butler) is the All-American family dad whose wife and daughter are brutally murdered during a home invasion robbery. Nick Rice (Foxx), Philadelphia’s big time prosecutor is assigned to the case and he offers one of the suspects a light sentence in exchange for testifying against his accomplice.

The movie then jumps 10 years ahead of time, and the suspect who got away is found murdered. The mastermind behind his death is Shelton. Shelton being warns Rice to fix the flawed justice system that failed his family, or key players associated with the trial, such as judges, attorneys, and even family could all die. Rice thinks he is calling a bluff, but Shelton follows through on his threats.

As assassinations occur frequently, Philadelphia is full of fear as Shelton takes down high-profile targets one by one and authorities can’t do anything to stop it. Rice must outwit this brilliant sociopath in a battle of wills in which even the smallest misstep can lead to death. Rice finds his family’s safety at stake and is now in a desperate race against time facing a deadly adversary who always seems to be one step ahead.

A film with suspense, thrills, and mind games, “Law Abiding Citizen,” is a box office hit. The film came in fourth place this weekend behind “Paranormal Activity, Saw VI, and Where the Wild Things Are”, with $12,713,000. You want to find a movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time; well “Law Abiding Citizen” is the movie for you.Grade – A 

• Da’Shawn Clowney