NFL Divisions

NFL+Divisions

With the NFL heading into its fourth week of action, things are getting very intense.

We have witnessed two games end in ties, a sophomore quarterback throwing 13 touchdowns in his first three career starts, and players retiring at halftime.

The NFC South has been the talk of the league. Three teams, heading into week 4, and in a race for first place. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been on fire with their blazing 2-1 record; however, the Atlanta Falcons (1-2), Carolina Panthers (2-1), and New Orleans Saints (2-1) are not too far behind.

Moving to the NFC North, After the epic tie between the Green Bay Packers (1-1-1) and Minnesota Vikings (1-2-1) in week two, week three was another downfall for both teams. The Chicago Bears (2-1) are stop of the division and the Detroit Lions are dead last with a 1-2 record.

After Star quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo ended the 2018 season, undefeated a lot expected the NFC West to be in the favor of the San Francisco 49ers. However, he tore his ACL and is out for the season. They Los Angeles Rams (4-0) are a potential super bowl roster. It’s hottest start since 2001.

In addition, Sam Bradford has yet to lead the Arizona Cardinals (0-3) to victory and Russell Wilson has only landed one victory so far, for the Seattle Seahawks (1-2).

From the Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) winning the Super bowl in dramatic fashion to, Alex Smith signing to the Washington Redskins (2-1), this Division, the NFC East,  has been predicted to be the most interesting in 2018. Not to mention the New York Giants (1-2) drafting Saquon Barkley with the second overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

A division known to be dominated by the New England Patriots (1-2) the AFC East has been very Alarmed by South Florida. The Miami Dolphins (3-0) are currently leading the division. Ryan Tannehill has been great in his return after suffering from a Knee injury, which sidelined him last season. With the suspension of superstar receiver, Julian Edelman, the Patriots offense has looked very different. They took a brutal loss in week 2 matchup against Jacksonville but things may pick up after signing Josh Gordon, former receiver for the Cleveland Browns (1-1-1).

Furthermore, history was made in New York. Sam Darnold became the youngest player to start week one at quarterback. He had an impressive week one victory, but fell short in weeks two and three. As for Buffalo Bills (1-2) they are off to a rocky start, but head coach Sean McDermott believes in his rookie quarterback Josh Allen.

The AFC North division has really shocked a lot of NFL predictions, thus far. The Pittsburgh Steelers have really been the hot topic this past offseason due to Le’Veon Bell holding out, Big Ben Retirement rumors, and the health of Linebacker Ryan Shazier. After Tying with the Cleveland Browns in week one and falling to the chiefs week two the “Steel City” needs a lot of work to do.

Equally important the Cincinnati Bengals currently leads the division with a 2-1 record. After a disappointing season last year the Bengals look to keep the hot streak going. Whereas in Baltimore the Ravens (2-1)  are coming off a loss to the Bengals but had a very impressive blowout victory in week one against the Bills. The Browns have won their first game in nearly two years against the New York Jets (1-2) and are showing signs of improvement. Baker Mayfield will make his first career start this Sunday.

The AFC South division has lacked relevance in the league in recent years but “Sacksonville” has opened our eyes. The Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1), who are in a tie for the lead with the Tennessee Titans (2-1), were destined to be a powerhouse team this year after their historic playoff run last season which ended in the conference championship. After suffering from multiple injuries in the past two seasons, Andrew Luck made his dramatic return. In Houston, things haven’t been going their way after Starting the season 0-3.

Lastly, the AFC West, a division primarily known as a toss up. The Kansas City Chiefs (3-0) quarterback  Patrick Mahomes has put the league on notice. In his first three starts, he has thrown 13 touchdown passes which is the most in NFL history after three games. After leading the Vikings to the NFC championship last season, Case Keenum signed a deal to the Denver Broncos (2-1). With Joey Bosa out the Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) defense has not looked as efficient as last years. With the return of head coach Jon Gruden and the aid of free agent signee, Jordy Nelson, the Oakland Raiders (0-3) look to get over the hump and climb atop the division.

View Comments (2)