Carson Wentz Return

Last season, quarterback Carson Wentz tore his ACL and LCL, which ended an MVP caliber season for him.

When the news broke out, about the eye-opening injury, the city of Philadelphia was crushed, they were the best team in the NFL with a 10-2 record and Wentz was destined to win MVP throwing 33 touchdowns and 3,296 passing yards.

Not to mention, there backup, quarterback, Nick Foles nearly retired before the season started after a horrible run with the Los Angeles Rams (4-0) and Kansas City Chiefs (3-0).

Heading into the playoffs the Eagles were viewed as the underdogs, even though they were the best team in the NFL.

A sidelined Wentz witnessed his team face adversity and record one of the greatest playoff runs of all time.

The Eagles won the Super Bowl; however, Nick Foles’ playoff magic began to overshadow Wentz’s season stats. People began to wonder would Foles start over Wentz, the following season.

In the offseason, Wentz began to work out with the team and slowly got back to the swing of things. Even though Foles was named the week one starter, Wentz was bound to make his return soon.

Last week, Carson Wentz was medically cleared and started week three for the Eagles against the Indianapolis Colts (1-2). The team won the game 20-16 and making Wentz’s return a sweet one.

“Carson is in a great spot,” Eagles head coach Doug Pederson said.

Now in his third season, Carson looks to keep the flame that he ignited last year, going. As far as Nick Foles, his playoff run will go down in history, as well as his never forgetting play known as the, “Philly Special.”

The team is set to play the Tennessee Titans (2-1) this Sunday.

View Comments (1)