NFL Divisions

NFL+Divisions

With the NFL heading into its fifth week of action, things are getting very intense.

We have witnessed two games end in ties, a sophomore quarterback throwing 14 touchdowns in his first four career starts, and players retiring at halftime.

The NFC South has been the talk of the league. Heading into week five the New Orleans Saints (3-1) are atop of the division, yet again. Carolina Panthers (2-1) are not far behind after coming off of a bye week. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-2) despite starting off the strong, in the first two weeks, have meet their makers in weeks three and four. Surprisingly the Atlanta Falcons (1-3) are at the bottom of the division for the first time in a few seasons, but there is still time for the team to turn things around. 

Moving to the NFC North, After the epic tie between the Green Bay Packers (1-1-1) and Minnesota Vikings (1-2-1) in week two, week three was another downfall for both teams. The Chicago Bears (2-1) are stop of the division and the Detroit Lions are dead last with a 1-2 record.

After Star quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo ended the 2018 season, undefeated a lot expected the NFC West to be in the favor of the San Francisco 49ers. However, he tore his ACL and is out for the season. They Los Angeles Rams (4-0) are a potential super bowl roster. It’s hottest start since 2001.

In addition, Sam Bradford has yet to lead the Arizona Cardinals (0-4) to victory, and rookie quarterback Josh Rosen has been named the starter. and Russell Wilson has only landed two victories so far for the Seattle Seahawks (2-2).

From the Philadelphia Eagles (2-2) winning the Superbowl in dramatic fashion to, Alex Smith signing to the Washington Redskins (2-1), this Division, the NFC East,  has been predicted to be the most interesting in 2018. Not to mention the New York Giants (1-3) drafting Saquon Barkley with the second overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

A division known to be dominated by the New England Patriots (2-2) the AFC East has been very Alarmed by South Florida. The Miami Dolphins (3-1) are currently leading the division. Ryan Tannehill has been great in his return after suffering from a Knee injury, which sidelined him last season. With the suspension of superstar receiver, Julian Edelman, the Patriots offense has looked very different. They took a brutal loss in week 2 matchup against Jacksonville but things may pick up after signing Josh Gordon, former receiver for the Cleveland Browns (1-2-1).

Furthermore, history was made in New York. Sam Darnold became the youngest player to start week one at quarterback. He had an impressive week one victory, but fell short in weeks two, three, and four. As for Buffalo Bills (1-3) they are off to a rocky start, but head coach Sean McDermott believes in his rookie quarterback, Josh Allen.