Joint Greek Council and FSE presents Hazing Prevention Week

NCAT FSE

The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Engagement (FSE) and the Joint Greek Council will have their Hazing Prevention Week beginning this Tuesday.

“The purpose of this week is to raise awareness about hazing that happens across the country,” said Brandon Smith, President of Joint Greek Council. “The point of the programs that we do throughout this week are to inform our Greek community about hazing and inform others that aren’t Greek about hazing and to ensure that everyone understands what hazing is and how we can prevent it from happening to everyone and how others shouldn’t do it to other people.

On Tuesday from 3 to 8 p.m, the two host organizations, along with the Office of Leadership and Civic Engagement (OLCE) and Vote HBCU will host the Meet the Greeks event combined with the National Voter’s Registration Day Block Party.

This event will occur directly in front of the Student Center and the purpose is to get students registered to vote. There will be food, giveaways, a DJ and Greek performances.

Wednesday will feature a guest hazing prevention speaker in Deese Ballroom at 6 pm.

Thursday will bring the amateur singers as all students are able to attend the Karaoke with the Greeks in Harrison Auditorium at 6 pm. Students can RSVP via 1891 Connect.

Kick off your shoes and relax your feet on Friday in the Holland Bowl, as the Office of FSE and Joint Greek Council host “Kickback Friday” social hour and take a hazing prevention pledge also at 6 pm.

This event will have a 90s to 2000s theme, where there will also be a DJ and food trucks in true Aggie fashion.

Lastly, the Joint Greek Council will host a service project on Service Saturday with an Out of the Garden project.

The events this week are to bring awareness to hazing with engaging and innovative events for all students as the Joint Greek Council builds the bridge between Greeks and students.

Be sure to follow NC A&T’s Office of Fraternity and Sorority Engagement Instagram to stay updated on all events and future events.