The Student University Activities Board Kicks Off N.C. A&T’s Football Season with their First Pregame of the Year

N.C. A&T’s Student University Activities Board (SUAB) will host its first pregame of the football season this Saturday.

Dubbed the “Battle of the Carolinas” the upcoming pregame will include free food, giveaways, games, music and much more for students to enjoy.

Sophomore economics student Landerson Young is the evening and weekend chair for SUAB. She has been at the head of creating and preparing for this event since May.

“This year, I’m really trying to do a different theme for each pregame,” Young said. “The theme of this pregame is family. We really want it to be fun and family-oriented.”

The emphasis is being placed on higher interaction amongst the students and providing a chance for them to have fun with no expectations.

“The pregame is the chance for, especially freshman and transfer students, to come and get a sense of what Aggie Pride is,” Young said. “It’s a chance for you to come and mix and mingle with your peers.”

Sophomore fashion merchandising and design student Sekou Goff has not been to a pregame event before but is excited to make this his first.

“I’m excited to see all the people in one place,” Goff said. “I think it’s about getting ready and preparing to take the game or event head on and celebrating each other under the same circumstances.”

Longtime collaborator DJ MD3 will be the music host of the event. SUAB has worked with him in the past and is excited to continue working with him for this event.

“I love working with him because he always gets the crowd going,” Young said. “He knows exactly what type of vibe to give to everyone.”

As the football season continues, Young explains her overall purpose of preparing pregames for the season.

“I’m really focusing on the HBCU games, trying to continue HBCU pride,” Young said.

With the “Battle of the Carolinas” pregame coming up, many students can look forward to a time of fun, good food, an air of community amongst the people and a celebration of the home football games beginning.