Swiming team place in first match

Alexis Wainwright- Register Reporter

The North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University swimming team opened their season at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.

The season opened in the All-North Carolina Swimming Invitational two-day event from Oct. 3 to Oct. 4.

The Aggies compiled 131 points and finished 10th place in the Invitational. N.C. State won the event with a total of 1,580 points. East Carolina finished in second with 1,483 points and Davidson in third with 1,126 points.

The Aggies placed 17th in the 200-yard freestyle relay.

Senior Danielle Jackson began her final collegiate season in the Invitational.

She improved from previous seasons. Jackson’s IM stood at 2:37.43 in 2012 and gradually decreased to 2:29.44 in 2013. This year’s 200-yard IM to 2:33.99. Jackson recorded 1:12.91 in the 100-yard breaststroke which was a second off from her best time, 1:11.28.

Ariel Wallace had an outstanding debut for the Aggies. Wallace competed in five difference events including the 100-yard butterfly in which she recorded a 1:04.65, the team’s fastest time. Wallace also competed in the 200-yard freestyle, 400-yard medley relay, and 50-yard freestyle where she also had an impressive time out of all six Aggies competing.

Junior Victoria Orr also competed in the 200-yard IM and finished ahead of her teammate with a time of 2:26.46. Orr recorded her personal best record in the 200-yard backstroke at 2:27.29.

Another teammate, Aarica Carrington also recorded her personal best in the 50-yard freestyle at 26.24. Her previous best time was 27.66.

N.C. A&T will take on Campbell University Saturday at noon at Campbell University in Buies Creek.

—Email Alexis at awainwri@
aggies.ncat.edu and follow her on Twitter @Darkmultiplexx