N.C. A&T Baseball Welcome New Pitching Coach

The Aggie Baseball team recently announced the sign- ing of pitching coach, Jamie Serber.

Based off of his impres- sive resume, Serber can have an immediate effect on the program, not just the pitching rotation, but the overall suc- cess of the team.

A hometown talent, Serber attended High Point Univer- sity where he pitched for four seasons.

After finishing at High Point, with the ninth most wins and innings pitched in school history, he returned to his alma mater where he was an assistant coach and trained numerous Major League Baseball players. He has had additional coaching experience working with the Wilson Tobs, an NCAA-sanctioned collegiate summer baseball team.

Following his stints with High Point University and the Wilson Tobs, he received his first pitching coach job at Pres- byterian College.

While coaching the pitching at Presbyterian, the Blue Hose broke the school record for most wins in a season with 27, they also reached a new record in team strikeouts with 380.

Now that he is with the Aggies, he will have a chance to develop young pitchers as well as help the veterans to perfect their craft even more.

He will be a part of the Aggies’ future. With Head

Coach Ben Hall no longer having the interim title, the Aggies are looking to build off of last season, but to greatly improve.

Though the season schedule has yet to be released, hopefully the combination of coaches: Hall, Serber, and Dawson can defeat our rivals, and advance further into the annual MEAC base- ball tournament.

Hunter Watson – Sports Reporter

—Email Hunter at hawatson@ aggies.ncat.edu