’90s Nostalgia May Be Reality

90s Nostalgia May Be Reality

We all remember the feel- ing of joy and excitement Saturday morning cartoons brought to our childhood.It seems that same nostalgia will be a reality once again.

For the past few weeks, there has been rumors of an all ‘90s Nickelodeon channel entitled “Splat.” Nickelodeon officials released the truth behind this rumor, earlier Friday.

“Splat” will not be a cable channel, but will act as a block of 90’s nostalgia on TeenNick, similar to the current block “The ‘90s are All That.”

Different from “The ‘90s are All That,” “Splat” will be an eight hour block, offering more of our favorite Nickelodeon shows which originally aired in the 1990’s.

“Splat” will also launch online, according to TeenNick Senior Vice President, Keith Dawkins. There is also rumor of a Splat emoji keyboard, so that viewers can interact with digital stickers of cartoon characters. This interactive component will be sure to add a significant boost in Teen Nick’s social media presence.

The programs offered will be based on viewer feedback. Dawkins wants the channel to cater to millenials 20 to 30 year olds who want to relive entertainment from their childhood and adolescent years.

“Splat” will premiere Oct. 5th at 10 p.m. on TeenNick, and continue to run each night from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Stay tuned for “Splat’s” recreation of Nickelodeon themed weeks, such as “Nick-or-Treat” week.

Jana Shaw – Word Editor

-Email us at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @TheATRegister