If Your Favorite Rapper Went to N.C. A&T…

This year’s homecoming concert was awesome!

The line-up of rappers had Aggies buzzing with anticipation. When the first act hit the stage, the Aggies were on their feet dancing. Ca$h Out was the first rapper up. He had the crowd rocking as he encouraged them to rap along to “cash out.”

Ca$h Out was followed up by Rich Homie Quan who sang to ladies and proclaimed “Rich Homie don’t need no auto-tune!” Rich Homie Quan brought out Rapper Yo Gotti during his performance and we were all hype to see the duo perform “I Know.” The southern rapper sung to the crowd and even took his shirt off as he serenaded the ladies in the audience. He finished out his performance with his recent “Lifestyle.”

The Migos were third in the lineup. They were met with a loud, Aggie welcome. The trio wore loads of gold medallions and patterned clothes. They had the crowd moving as they rapped their hit “Handsome and Wealthy.” They went on to perform “Bando,” “Fight Night,” and “Hannah Montana.”

Lil Boosie was just released from prison in March after serving a five year sentence. The Aggies were more than happy to see him hit the stage again. Boosie performed his hits “Set it off,” “Independent,” and “Loose as a Goose.” The rapper went on to dedicate his song “Devils,” about racial profiling and police brutality, to Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown and all those lost their lives to gun violence and police brutality.

Last but certainly not least, was Future. Future hit the stage and performed hits like “Honest” and “Move that Dope.” Aggies were turned up as Future closed out the show.

I caught up with the rappers backstage to find out what they would choose as a major if they were Aggies. Here’s what they had to say:

Ca$hOut: “Philosophy, because I would want to know. I would want to be able to dig deep into the mind and just figure things out.”

Would you become a Philosophy professor?

Ca$h Out: “No [laughs] I’d just drop knowledge on them.”

Rich Homie Quan: “Video Broadcast because I love visuals. Visuals paint pictures.”

Have you worked on any visuals for your own videos?

“I just directed my first video, for Milk Marie. It’s going to be on 106 & Park next week.”

The Migos:

Quavo: “I’d be a scientist…yeah and whip up something.”

Offset: “I’d be a science major, so I can experiment and invent something.”

Takeoff: “I’d be a rapper because I never liked school.”

Lil Boosie: “Um, [laughs] that’s a hard question! I’m good with numbers, ya heard me? So, I’d probably do something with numbers.”

It sounds like Rich Homie Quan would be a Crosby Kid. Boosie would put his love of math to good use in McNair as an engineer. Ah, in our dreams.

— Email Shelby at [email protected] and follow her on
Twitter @bronze_bombSHEL