Nicki Minaj Remerges and Drops a New Hot Single featuring Atlanta’s own, Lil Baby

Nicki Minaj has returned with a new single with rapper Lil Baby entitled “Do We Have a Problem?” 

Minaj unexpectedly announced the release date of her new song on Jan. 26th through her Instagram page. Since her announcement, she continues to hype fans with anticipation for the new song. 

Nicki Minaj graced her fans with an appearance on her Instagram live as a prelude to her dropping the trailer for the music video. During her time on Instagram live, Minaj spoke about her collaboration with Lil Baby and commended the ATL rapper on his skills in the rap game. 

The collaboration with Lil Baby and Nicki Minaj has been one that many have been waiting on. Minaj herself has admired Lil Baby’s work and given him praise for his craft. 

“He pleasantly surprises me all the time,” Minaj said to fans. “You could just tell the difference when somebody knows that they [are] here for a long time. And the way that he pushed himself and pushed his pen, I loved it.”

An alumna of LaGuardia High School of Music and Arts, Nicki Minaj got back into her acting roots to provide a video that not only incorporates the song but also tells a story through the visuals. 

The music video includes some notable appearances by Joseph Sikora and Cory Hardrict and explores Minaj’s acting skills. 

While Nicki Minaj is known for taking several breaks from music, this single with Lil Baby has fans excited for the release of the song. 

“With this new single, I’m most looking forward to seeing how Nicki and Baby’s flow will match with one another. I’m excited to see how much chemistry they’ll have in the music video as well,” sophomore management student Sanaa Holsten said. 

The Barbz, who are well known for their unwavering love for ‘The Queen,’ have been using their resources to promote the song in their cities. From printing out flyers and putting them in a variety of public places to promoting the song on all forms of social media, Minaj’s fans are indisputably thrilled for the new song.

With both of them coming together for this new song, the music industry is entering a new era of Minaj’s new music, anticipating her next album release. 

“I think this will be a unique collaboration, but [I think] the two will probably mesh well. The Queen never fails and I’m excited for her to hopefully continue making music with different artists,” sophomore biology student Kelis Cochrane said. 

Fans believe that the collaboration was unexpected and different from usual projects for the female rapper.

“I think this collab is something out of the blue. I never would have thought Nicki would have done a collaboration with Lil Baby,” freshman speech pathology student Amaris Duport said. “I also was listening to the song in the background and I do believe it’s a little different from what Nicki does…” 

With the new single out and hints from the rapper Queen herself about yet another song in the vault with Lil Baby, Minaj is ready to showcase her talent once again with her new music and possibly a new album. 

“Do We Have A Problem” is out now and can be found on all streaming platforms.