N.C. A&T routes Robert Morris University on the road

Pedro Dudley Jr.

In dominating fashion, the Aggies blow out Robert Morris University 38-14, overcoming some woes after starting 0-2 in away games this season.

The Aggies controlled the entire 1st half. QB Jalen Fowler marched the team down the field for 75 yards to start the 1st quarter. The drive took 11 plays and ended with a 1-yard touchdown pass from Jalen Fowler to receiver Zachary Leslie; this would be one out of two touchdowns Leslie had.

Head coach for the Aggies, Sam Washington, was pleased with the team’s offensive performance to start the game.

“I thought we came on fire,” said Coach Washington. “We did a lot of things well early on, and I liked that we didn’t rack up too many penalties early on.”

The 1st half ended with the Aggies leading 30-0, leaving the Colonials scoreless for the entire half.

Fowler’s performance left his coach extremely pleased. Fowler had a career-high in passing yards (297) and touchdown passes (4).

“He continues to play poised. We put a lot of emphasis on protecting the football, and I thought he did a terrific job of that,” said Washington. “On his pre and post-snap reads, I thought his eyes were in the right place most of the game.”

After struggling during the first half, the Colonials put points on the board during the 3rd. Quarterback Anthony Chiccitt threw a 15-yard pass to Jake Kupchella to get seven on the board.

The third ended 33-7, Aggies still leading.

The Aggies’ defense played phenomenally, holding the Colonials to 2-13 on third-down conversions. Linebacker Tyquan King recorded double-digit tackles in his fifth game; he finished this game with ten.

The Aggies’ defense has held five of their opponents to less than 300 yards of offense this season, making them one of the more notable defenses in the Big South.

Although the Colonials tried to make a late-game push, they came up short as the Aggies won their fourth straight game.

Now, coach Washington sets his sights on claiming victory during the Aggies’ homecoming game.

“Once we get on the plane, and certainly once we land in Greensboro, it’s about protecting our home field and winning homecoming,” Washington said.