Six must-go-to events in June

Food Truck Fridays – Every Friday in Greensboro

Every Friday through the end of September, come out to Center City Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a food truck rodeo. Three trucks are featured every week, offering a variety of tasty eats sure to satisfy any midday craving.

Home Run for Homelessness – June 1

Home Run for Homelessness is a family-friendly baseball game, during which Partners Ending Homelessness (Partners) collaborates with the Greensboro Grasshoppers, aimed at raising awareness about homelessness in Guilford County.  

The occasion highlights resources available in Guilford County to assist individuals and families experiencing homelessness and raises awareness on how the community can collectively help end homelessness.

Funds raised through sponsorships and group ticket sales (groups of 10 or more purchased in advance) will allow Partners to continue this work. Box seats are $10.  Advance tickets purchased in groups of at least 10 earn $2 per ticket for Partners.

Yoga with Cats – June 12

Come for the yoga and stay for the cats at the Crooked Tail Cat Cafe which is hosted by Healing Vibes by Lana.

Admission is $12 which includes an hour-long lesson and 30 minutes in the lounge. Mats are limited, so bring your own if you’re able. Just bring them $1 to help cover the use and cleaning, if unable. Early arrival is recommended for registration and set up.

Where’s Waldo Scavenger Hunt – June 15

Gather a crew and join Boxcar Bar+Arcade for a “Where’s Waldo” scavenger hunt on Saturday, June 15th from 2-4 p.m.

Registration for teams begins at the bar from 1-2 p.m. Teams are maxed at 4 participants and members must be 21 and over to participate. The hunt begins at 2 p.m. and teams should arrive back at Boxcar by 4 p.m.

Winners will be announced between 4-5 p.m., where prizes will be awarded to the teams that gather the most points.

This event is free and sponsored by Crown Royal & Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Greensboro Summer Solstice Festival – June 22

The festival was established  in 2005 as a group of creatives who wanted to come together to celebrate and promote the diversity of our community, the beauty of nature, and the power of the feminine spirit. Today, the festival is proud to represent a beautiful array of ages, colors, abilities and characters, celebrating the longest day of the year.

The Greensboro Summer Solstice Festival will be held at the Greensboro Arboretum and Lindley Park on Saturday, June 22, 2019 (RAIN OR SHINE) from 2-10 p.m. This family-friendly event garners over 9000 guests yearly, bring joy and wonderment to all attendees.

This festival showcases a great number of musicians and performers. Face painting, hooping, drums and dancing are available throughout the day, beginning at 2 p.m. The Festival ends with Fire Finale beginning at 9 p.m., where daring performers perform awe-inspiring feats.

Admission is $5